The reason is that SMS as varification method is based on Signaling System 7 (SS7) that was created in 1975 and nowadays posseses well-known security holes, which can be used by a hacker to write and read future messages, download previous personal information. When COVR application secures personal information by encryiting and using assymetric keys to access to information. Encrytion means that a content of a message is hidden and unauthorized person without specified encrypted key is unable to get information. Also, asymetric key means that two keys are usen; public key is used during transmitting a content of the message between users and a server and private one decrypes information. As private key is not hold in your mobile phone, nobody can get an access to it. As asymetric ley is hold in Axure Key Vault, so even COVR cannot have any access to your information.
Articles in this section
- Are you MFA or 2FA solution?
- Can you secure a simple login better than any social media account?
- If we use SMS as verification why do we need costumers to use Covr?
- What platform are used?
- Do you use passwords?
- How do you charge?
- What is my username?
- Why do you need my phone number?
- Does Covr save my information?
- How do I receive notifications?